Adventures with Learning to Teach

A roller coaster journey which started out with teaching a kid and a habit that developed a life of its own!!!

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Preparing for a career beyond 2020

I had told myself that I would write a book when I felt I had something to say. I guess it is almost time. I was deeply influenced by former President Dr.A.P.J Abul Kalam's book: You Are Born To Blossom.I even changed the title of the blog.

I have begun to feel that I have a lot to say to parents, teachers and students involved in myopic career planning. The world in 2020, into which a school student today would be graduating, would be drastically different from what it is today. You cannot drive a car by looking into the rear view mirror. It is time to put on the headlights and look forward.

It also appears that I will now be getting a lot of inputs from persons from varying backgrounds which could make this endeavor even more fruitful. So that it no longer remains "A techie's vision of how to prepare for a career in 2020" ;-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home